The Healthcare-Associated Infections Surveillance Network (HAI-Net) is a European network for the surveillance of healthcare-associated infections (HAI). The network is coordinated by the ECDC.
Activities of the Healthcare-associated Infections Surveillance Network (HAI-Net) are:
- ECDC surveillance of surgical site infections (SSIs) (included in the TESSy system);
- ECDC surveillance of HAI in intensive care units (ICUs) (included in the TESSy system);
- ECDC point prevalence survey (PPS) of healthcare-associated infections (HAI) and antimicrobial use in acute care hospitals;
- surveillance of HAI and related practices in European long-term care facilities (LTCFs);
- supporting capacity building for the surveillance of Clostridium difficile infections (CDIs);
- infection control structure and process indicators (SPI);
- antimicrobial resistance and healthcare-associated infections epidemic intelligence system (ARHAI EPIS);
- training activities.
Link to European IC/HH Core Competencies
Area 3. Surveillance and investigation of healthcare associated infection (HAI)