A set of training materials for professionals working in intervention epidemiology, public health microbiology and infection control and hospital hygiene.
Need help with your investigation or report writing? Ask the Expert. Free advice from the professional community.
You can't make decissions on this page's approval status because you have not the owner or an admin on this page's Group.
European surveillance of healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) is coordinated by the HAI-Net network of the European Centre of Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC). HAI surveillance includes repeated point prevalence surveys, which are considered as a cost-effective alternative method for the surveillance of all types of HAIs. Currently HAI-Net coordinates five surveillance modules:
1. Point prevalence surveys of healthcare-associated infections and antimicrobial use in acute care hospitals
2. Point prevalence surveys of healthcare-associated infections and antimicrobial use in long-term care facilities
3. Surveillance of surgical site infections
4. Surveillance of HAIs in intensive care units
5. Surveillance of C. difficile infections
You need to be logged in to post comments.
You can log in here. You can register here if you haven't done so yet.